Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mrs. Wolff

In my opinion next year will be a tough year for her, as it is her first year teaching English at Lutheran. However, as advice, I think it would be a good idea if she followed a lot of [Ms. Williams's] teaching styles. If she does that, then I think that she would be fine. The whole style really works out for the better, especially the way that the tests are. The essay tests are all give your own answer tests, which makes them harder, especially for left-brained people. They do encourage creativity and more factual information backed with examples, and I like that about them. It helps me think outside the box. As far as stories go, I would keep many of the in-class discussions we do, and especially the graffiti board that we do. I think it is quite helpful. Most of the books that we have read were pretty good, so I think that she should teach them, as well. She should especially keep All Quiet on the Western Front, as I believe that it is one of the best books we read. The only book that I would want to toss is The Scarlet Letter, as far as actually reading it separately. I think that the kids should talk about it, but it should be in-class based only, so to help more people understand it. Other than that, I think that she will do well if she follows Ms. Williams's teaching style

No comments:

Post a Comment